Monday, July 19, 2010

North Captiva Vacation

Finally, a week to just relax, read, soak up some sun, and occasionally take a few photos, if the weather will cooperate. North Captiva is not far from the Everglades, so the afternoon storms build an come across, making a nice repast from the heat, but making sunset photos a hit or miss prospect. But I have worked on my tan, my Frisbee skills, my snokeling, and my uncanny knack for lying in a beachchair, reading, and watching the ocean.

Here's a shot from the backyard of our house on the beach. A short path through the seagrapes, palms, and sea oats leads to the Gulf of Mexico. Hopefully, a few great photos will emerge from the week. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Captiva Real Estate Expert said...

Greg,

Beautiful picture. I would like to see what else you were able to shoot. Summer is always a tough time for sunset pics on the island, but sometimes the best of the year when the sun gets underneath the clouds and lights them up with pinks and greens.

Greg Mullis said...

Greg Mullis said...
Unfortunately, the weather in North Captiva wasn't terribly cooperative this year when it came to photography, and I was probably a little bit lazy, too. Last year's shots were much better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44124472680@N01/sets/72157621900959513/