Monday, July 12, 2010

More From Lake Michigan

I finally found a few minutes to sort through more of the photos from my Wisconsin trip in June. Despite the relentless overcast skies and rain, a few opportunities did emerge. I absolutely adored Sturgeon Bay. The red lighthouse on the breakwater was captivating, which probably explains the large number of frames I took of this iconic landmark.

There's something about lighthouses that I have always loved. A long time ago, I played in a band called Lighthouse. And if there's a lighthouse in driving range, I've got to see it--and photograph it. These landmarks have a mysticism and aura of a bygone age that may not have a modern equivelent. Let's face it, Loran or GPS can't quite do justice to the feeling sailors must have felt when an expected light emerged from darkness or fog. And I guess all of us are seeking a glimpse of our own light on the horizon.

Enough waxing philosophical. I've only got about two hundred more frames to go through. I hope you enjoy these shots.





No comments: