Friday, September 3, 2010

953

Here's another of the shots I took while touring New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. I can't explain why. There's just something very captivating about New Orleans' street cars, especially the St. Charles line. I wish I could go back in time and see and shoot the Desire line, which ran up Bourbon Street and through the French Quarter to Desire.

This was a fun shot. I got down on the ground in front of the approaching streetcar right on top of the rail and waiting until it got close. I'm sure the driver didn't care for my technique. Then I tried the zoom blur throught the shutter. I topped off the effect with Alien Skin's Exposure 2 TRI-X 400 emulation. I really like the grain and the depth.

I'm excited that fall is near. The weather has cooled off, the humidity has dropped, and college football is finally here. Early Happy Labor day wishes to everyone. And if you dig my streetcar shot, please let me know.


1 comment:

Tonya said...

I love the blurred effect...I'm sure the driver had a few choice words for you LOL