Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Camelia

I had a few moments after work today to grab the Nikon and take advantage of some great late afternoon lighting. It's been so rainy lately--I'm ready for springtime. The camelias are blooming in my yard. Typically, I'm pretty averse to flower photography. To be appealing, it has to be something different or inspiring. And I'm not really big on lots of Photoshopping images either. But today, I broke both of those practices. I shot this with my 70-200mm, f2.8 to create a nice narrow depth of field image. And what emerged is a high contrast, hyper-saturated and cross processed photo. It is quite a departure from the norm for me--something we can all use from time to time. Relish in the glow of sunshine on these pink petals and bright yellow stamen. Tomorrow is supposed to bring a high of 45 degrees and rain.

No comments: